As Senior Risk Management Officer, You will work for the Benelux Qualitative Risk Management Department (Pilar II) covering Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxemburg. In his/her duties, the senior risk officer will be required to interact with departments including Business Development & Product design, Sales, Actuarial Function and Validation department, Internal Audit, Compliance function, Legal, etc.
For our client, a large international insurance company, we are looking for a Senior Risk Management Officer for Brussels
Your tasks will be:
• Preparing the qualitative topics of the quarterly Risk Committee, in the context of the Top Risk process: risk detection and assessment with various senior managers and follow up of financial or non-financial top risks
• Drawing up the annual “Own Risk Self-Assessment” report on risk profile, solvency position, risk appetite, quality of own funds and risk management
• Project planning and coordination of the Model Approval Process of the insurance company, covering P&C scope over Belgium and Netherlands
o Interact with the various stakeholders involved
o Challenge the completeness and appropriateness of model owners answer to requirements of the Supervisor and prepare the meetings with supervisory authority
o Manage the quality of deliverables
o Manage the overall project calendar and budget
• Organize the Model Parameters and Assumption Approval Committee
• Coordinating the annual update of governance documents (policies and charters including risk appetite framework) linked to Solvency II/Risk Management
• Drawing up the narrative parts of Pillar III risk reporting and be responsible for annual Interest Rate Risk report
• Participate to the quarterly solvency closing process, mainly on the quality monitoring and reporting aspects
• Assessing impact and risks of new regulations and reputation risk linked to the launch of new products or new sales channels in coordination with Legal Department
Your profile :
• You have 1 to 3 (medior) 4 to 7 (senior) years of professional experience in the Financial industry.
• Experience in Risk Management is an asset.
• You have university education in finance, management, economics, actuarial services or law, with a strong affinity for figures
• You have a desire to forge links with the business and have strong communication skills towards experts as well as towards senior management
• You are open-minded and have a transversal vision of the issues in the world of insurance
• You have strong analytical skills and capacity to make links between figures and the underlying business
• You are organized at work, concerned for deadlines and quality minded
• You have a constructive approach and you appreciate cooperation
• You have a perfect command of French and/or Dutch and a very good command of written and spoken English
The ideal candidate also has :
• A good understanding of the balance sheet of an insurance company, including the market value balance sheet used for solvency purposes
• A good understanding of the risk drivers that influence the solvency position of an insurance company
Our client offers :
• Our client values your talent and knows how to reward it.
• We offer you an attractive salary and fringe benefits.
• You will work in a stimulating international environment, with numerous opportunities for personal development.
• You will work independently within a dynamic team.
Tags : Actuaris, actuary, actuarial sciences, sciences actuarielles, actuariële wetenschappen, mathématiques, maths, mathematics, wiskunde, statistiques, stat, stats, statistics, sciences, science, wettenschappen, python, C++, latex, programme, programmation, IT, Prophet, Stata, SAS, Life, Non-Life, Machine learning, ALM, IFRS, finance, risk, risk management, Solvency II, Modelling, Modeling, Modélisation, Product, Produits, produit, product manager, Master, Doctorat, PhD, leven, non-leven, vie, non-vie, data, data mining, machine, machine learning, assurance, assurances, insurance, verzekering, verzekeringen, risque, gestion du risque, analyse, analytique, finance, financïen
|rue de la Régence, 43
1000 Bruxelles BE
1000 Bruxelles, Belgique
Bruxelles, BelgiqueView all 77 jobs