Large, international companies often struggle to easily exchange data with their subsidiaries, customers, suppliers and other business partners. Many also face challenges with the upcoming trends such as Cloud, SaaS apps, Mobile, Internet of Things, Big Data… Companies not only have to be aware of them, yet have to adopt these technology changes strategically to gain competitive advantage. That is exactly what our expert teams do: we integrate business applications with the newest Microsoft technologies. Our teams are close teams: they share knowledge, work together, help each other and even organize lots of fun after working hours. You too can become part of our teams and help our customers to be on the edge of technology, thanks to your insight and technological expertise. In return, Codit will help you to never stop growing.
Sectors: Computer Software, Computer/IT Services
Functions: General/Other: IT/Software Development, Software/Web Development
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
As an Azure Senior Consultant, you will be part of an international project team that works on cloud-based projects. You will mostly work at customer location. Your primary responsibilities and duties within the team include:
- Hands-on development, where we expect you to code along with the rest of the team. We are not looking for PowerPoint professionals: we are looking for individuals that can articulate their recommendations with authority and can develop them into a functional implementation.
- Provide architectural guidance to the customer in the selection of the appropriate cloud services for the given use case.
- Provide technical guidance to the more junior Codit team members that are working in your project.
If you have experience with the following topics, we would certainly love to have a chat with you and see how you can help us strengthen our team in Switzerland:
- Designing and building secure RESTful Web APIs
- Understanding of messaging patterns for distributed processing
- Designing your software code to be decoupled and modular
- Understanding of software patterns such as observables, decorator, singletons, factories, etc, and deciding for the correct pattern to apply to a specific problem
Nice to know:
- Due to Codit's strong collaboration with multiple Microsoft engineering teams, you will be working on the leading edge of technology, including private previews of products and services that are coming up in the company's roadmap.
- You are never alone: you will find out how easily you can interact with other technology adepts throughout the world.
- You will be leveraging Codit's competence centers and experts, which will help you e.g. with technical documentation templates, peer-reviewing your proposed solutions and code, among other things.
- Codit has multiple Microsoft MVPs (Most Valuable Professionals). There will always be a colleague with deep technical knowledge of a topic where you might need some assistance or validation.
About you: your profile
The following are a must:
- You are an experienced .NET developer/technical lead with minimum 5 years of hands-on development experience
- Strong knowledge of C# and the .NET development platform (framework, standard and core, and when to use each one)
- Strong knowledge of the Visual Studio IDE, in particular, working with Visual Studio Team Services
- Being very disciplined about thoroughly testing your code
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly by immersing yourself into the documentation and hands-on experimentation.
- You should be able to communicate fluently in English, spoken and written
The following are desired but not mandatory:
- Using Git as SCM
- Configuring and deploying Build Definitions and Release pipelines in VSTS
- Knowledge of Powershell to automate Azure deployment and configuration tasks
- API management solutions
- Hands-on experience with Azure platform-as-a-service services, including Azure Service Bus, Azure Service Fabric, Azure SQL, IoT Hub, Stream Analytics, Application Insights, Logic Apps, Azure Functions
- Knowledge of the German language
Codit's client base includes large, international organizations with a global footprint. This means our solutions need to account for things like:
- Operational maturity and managed service among distributed teams
- Interacting with colleagues and customer stakeholders across borders and time zones
- Designing for geographically-distributed, scalable systems
- Designing systems for multi-tenancy support
Your future is created by what you do. We offer you a place to grow and provide you with the tools and possibilities to create your future. You will have the opportunity and challenge to remain on the edge of technology and become a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist.
The package includes a competitive salary with benefits (let’s talk!). Your annual Personal Training Budget allows you to train yourself and grow within the company.