Your responsibilities will be focused on 3 different domains: Business Intelligence, performance improvement projects and coaching.
Master's or long-term degree
French, English, Dutch
Sectors: Transport and Storage - Materials
Functions: Project Management, Business Analysis/Research
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
Why are we looking for a BI Coordinator?
Your responsibilities will be focused on 3 different domains:
- Business Intelligence: define and implement a performance management framework (translation strategy into target setting, KPI reporting, action definition & follow-up...)
- Support of performance improvement projects & initiatives
- People management, coaching & team work
What you will have to do
- You acquire data/information in order to answer information needs and questions of internal customers, including regional teams
- You interpret data, analyse process performance, data quality and process flow using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- You locate and define new process improvement opportunities and risks in the processes
- You proactively provide insights on overall & specific performance indicators and propose actions to improve results
- You define & implement, with the operational management, targets and processes for follow up, reporting & deviation management (management & staff meetings, visual management, …)
- You define business requirements for performance improvement projects
Support of performance improvement projects
- You advise Senior management with solutions regarding adjustments to process- and/or systems
- You are responsible for the assurance of measurements and analyses by using the right definitions and populations to your responsibility
- You coordinate performance improvement projects & initiatives. Together with line management, you help to coordinate all kind of initiatives linked to continuous improvement, lean management, and innovation. You also facilitate cooperation with all involved stakeholders.
People management, coaching & team work
- You coach the organisation in BI analytics in order to become more and more self-servicing
- You work close together with line management, IT and other departments
- You build bridges and actively collaborate with other Performance & Support cells within Operations to align initiatives and projects
What you must be able to do
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in BI Analytics
- Demonstrated experience in performance management, continuous improvement, change management and common management techniques (lean management, visual management, 5s, PDCA, …), process mapping and reengineering
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch, French and English
- Ability to think at the same time strategically and take into account operational reality
- Ability to think out of the box
- Team player and likes to work with other people
- Pro-active, stress-resilient, pragmatic, result-oriented, flexible and initiative taker
- Well organised and able to prioritise in a context of changing priorities
- Ability to work time and place independent
What we offer
You get the chance to grow and to launch your career in a booming company.
- You get attractive pay with fine fringe benefits.
- You will be joining a young and dynamic company. Things move forward rapidly, with all sorts of constant changes, opening up prospects for your career at all times.
- We give you thorough training from the outset together with all the coaching you need to get started, and subsequently every opportunity to develop your talents further.
- You may work independently and free of the boundaries of time – even from home or at a location that is better suited now and then.