You participate on the design and implementation of new freight solutions within B Logistics, and participate on the launch of new strategic products.
Master's or long-term degree
Dutch, French, English
Sectors: Transport and Storage - Materials
Functions: General/Other: Production/Operations
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
Why are we looking for a Launch Coordinator?
To participate on the design and implementation of new freight solutions within Lineas, and to participate on the launch of new strategic products.
What you will have to do
- You engineer and/or participate on the engineering of new rail products and follow up on implementation related to (i) projects originating from the overall commercial strategy, (ii) projects originating from individual sales leads & (iii) projects linked to optimisation of existing traffics
- You work following an assemble-to-order strategy
- You give relevant feedback to the teams of regulation and continuous improvement management in order to optimise all production factors
- You capture and understand the voice of the customer – you breath into life a customer centric culture in Operations
- You design new product concepts – which is a high level link between the need and the rail resources
- You collect and analyse relevant inputs required to compute costs of new products
- You follow-up the implementation, facilitate the interaction between the different Lineas stakeholders in the project – problem solving and drive are important
- You are capable to capture and understand the structural blocking point in the Engineering process and leverage the Architect office to drive the continuous improvement effort
- You give feedback to architect and SLA management to improve assemble-to-order
- You will travel abroad in order to audit the client/3rd parties infrastructure/capabilities
What you must be able to do
- Master in logistics, engineering or applied economics or relevant experience
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience in a Supply Chain environment
- Willing to travel (approximately 1 week a month)
- Good knowledge of Dutch, French and English (German is a plus)
- Pro-active, stress-resilient, pragmatic, result-oriented
- Well organised and able to prioritise in a context of changing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Have an eye for critical details but do not forget the big picture
- Team player and like to work with other people
What we offer
You get the chance to grow and to launch your career in a booming company.
- You get attractive pay with fine fringe benefits.
- You will be joining a young and dynamic company. Things move forward rapidly, with all sorts of constant changes, opening up prospects for your career at all times.
- We give you thorough training from the outset together with all the coaching you need to get started, and subsequently every opportunity to develop your talents further.
- You may work independently and free of the boundaries of time – even from home or at a location that is better suited now and then.