Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
Why are we looking for Corridor Manager Capacity North East ?
As part of a team of corridor managers you play an important and coordinating role in the development of the operational network of Lineas
Within your corridor, you are the strategic motor for change within your team in full alignment of your peers for the same corridor : you co-define & are co-responsible for the implementation of change projects required to implement the company’s strategy
What you will have to do
You are a main contributor in improving the capacity allocation, utilisation and transparency, in objectifying the quantity, quality & productivity within your corridor & make sure that these findings are taken into account for improving the efficiency of our used resources and robustness of our products.
You are responsible for the organisation and ordering the right capacity on the rail infrastructure network of your corridor (North & East) for the next years (rail paths, tracks)
- Interaction with Infrastructure Managers of your corridor, Engineering and our commercial department, partners and suppliers
- You optimise the planning and allocation of the resources next year to be reflected in the ordered rail paths of the annual plan
- You participate in projects and processes that structure and organise rail infrastructure capacity
You are responsible for the relation with the infrastructure providers of your corridor to ensure optimal communication, processes, contracts and development strategy.
- Provide support the public affair department with your insight in important improvement topics, required investments and strategic development plans.
- Collaborate with country entities (Lineas Netherlands and Germany) to align the strategy and divide the workload.
- You negotiate service contracts and together with the Infrastructure Coordination Manager and country entities you monitor the performance on the network
You are responsible for an efficient and transparent resource capacity allocation process, in strong collaboration with the resource owners and network optimisation.
- You participate in corridor meetings to balance the use of the different resources to support Lineas development plan
- You actively support resource owners in delivering the agreed capacity, e.g. scenario’s, use of flexibility
- You proactively optimise the use of resources within your corridor at different time horizons (Y+1,Y+2) by developing new corridor production models (together with the network optimisation manager)
- You make sure there is a continuous improvement spirit within your corridor
What you must be able to do
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience (forecasting, demand planning, …)
- Proficient knowledge of Dutch, English, German and French
- Ability to think at the same time strategically and take into account operational reality
- Ability to think out of the box
- Team player and you like to work with other people
- Pro-active, stress-resilient, pragmatic, result-oriented
- Flexible (hours & different workplaces within Belgium & occasionally abroad)
- Well organised and able to prioritise in a context of changing priorities
- Flexible with the uncertainties and last minutes changes from the top management in Lineas
- For Corridor Manager Capacity : strong Excel skills, programming in SQL is a plus
What we offer
You get the chance to grow and to launch your career in a booming company.
- You get attractive pay with fine fringe benefits.
- You will be joining a young and dynamic company. Things move forward rapidly, with all sorts of constant changes, opening up prospects for your career at all times.
- We give you thorough training from the outset together with all the coaching you need to get started, and subsequently every opportunity to develop your talents further.
- You may work independently and free of the boundaries of time – even from home or at a location that is better suited now and then.