Location : Brussels Language : FR/NL/ENG
The purpose of the function
The profile is involved in a great strategic program (Non-Life Business Transformation), innovative in the insurance industry. XXX will be one of the first insurance companies to roll out a program like this, where Guidewire (GW) will be implemented. Within the first phase of this program, we are looking for somebody with knowledge of Scrum, for the daily coordination and motivation of all XXX team members and to help in the implementation and integration of GW with our other systems. This also includes the monitoring and reporting of the operational costs (man-days) & delivery progress (USP).
Given this large strategic program with external suppliers and several delivery tracks, we are using different methodologies which are Agile and Hybrid Agile (Agile + Prince 2) based.
Ensuring the proper application of the scrum methodologies is an important part of the role but the focus is on delivery, achieving the result with the team.
This will also require answering questions, solving problems, building bridges between the different stakeholders, representing the team towards management and acting as a SPOC for important program alignment meetings such as the "Scrum of scrums”. For this having a hands on approach & background in analysis and/or development is crucial. You will have to coordinate several delivery teams and the challenges are many so people and motivational skills are key.
- Lead and coordinate the daily activities of the various team members
- Organize and conduct team meetings
- Plan activities
- Reporting & monitoring
- Help the team to become more effective, efficient and productive
2. SPOC and communication
Take charge of the request of the principals (applicants) and the "solution analysts" (=Business/Functional analysts) and act as a sounding board when questions or problems arise around analysis, development.
Representation of the team towards management (Sprint reviews)
3. Application of a working method
Ensure that the team follows the working methods to carry out the work, also supervise the team.
• Language: 3-lingual NL - FR - EN: Good communication skills in Dutch and / or French, with excellent verbal and written communication in English!
• A supportive leader and coach for the Scrum (Hybrid Agile) teams
• Can work in a flexible, consultancy minded learning environment, with different methodologies, various nationalities, partners,...
• Proactive personality
• Strong communication and reporting skills
• Able to motivate, strengthen the team
• Able to get to know the organization and the culture rapidly
Nice to have
• Experience with Jira
• Experience with SCRUM in a portal development environment is a plus
• Experience in the insurance industry
|92-94 SQUARE EUGÈNE PLASKY
1030 BRUSSELS BE
Brussels, BelgiumView all 16 jobs