The Accounting Manager supervises four staff accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, (consolidated) financial reporting, and year end audit preparation. The Accounting Manager reports to the Head of accounting and processing.
Master's or long-term degree
French, Dutch, English
Sectors: Transport and Storage - Materials
Functions: Bookkeeping, Corporate Accounting
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
What you will have to do ?
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close in accordance with BE GAAP.
- Ensures the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO, Business Controllers, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Ensures a clean and timely year end audit. Monitors follow-up of audit recommendations.
- Supervises the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assists in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provides training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handles personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Works with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitors and advises on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- You hold a master degree with an emphasis in Accounting· You have five to seven years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area
- You have a goof knowledge of IFRS and consolidation
- You have strong analytical skills, complemented with the ability to synthesize
- You are a team player and you like to work with other people
- You have an eye for details
- You are pro-active, stress-resilient, pragmatic, result-oriented, flexible and a change leader.
- You are well organised and are able to prioritise
- You have strong communication skills both in writing and oral
- You are fluent in French, Dutch and English
What we offer
- You get the chance to grow and to launch your career in a booming company.
- You get attractive pay with fine fringe benefits.
- You will be joining a young and dynamic company. Things move forward rapidly, with all sorts of constant changes, opening up prospects for your career at all times.
- We give you thorough training from the outset together with all the coaching you need to get started, and subsequently every opportunity to develop your talents further.
- You may work independently and free of the boundaries of time – even from home or at a location that is better suited now and then.