You are one of the IT- Domain experts within the IT software operations department.
Dutch, English, French
Sectors: Transport and Storage - Materials
Functions: Software/System Architecture
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail. We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
Lineas defined key strategic projects. By supporting the IT applications built or impacted by these projects, you will contribute tothe realization of this desired modal shift.
Why are we looking for IT Business Analyst?
You are one of the IT-Domain experts within the IT software operations department.
What you will have to do
You are one of the IT domain experts within the IT Software Operations department and you:
- Help the business in describing the business requirements, assist in decomposing high-level business requirements into detailed requirements using business process modelling techniques;
- Are the intermediate between business and IT software supplier;
- Translate detailed requirements to understandable work packages for suppliers using Agile techniques and in accordance with the reference architecture
- Ensure validation of design documentation (functional, data modelling)
- Are the intermediate between Software Operations & Systems
- Are responsible for pre-checking the user acceptance
- Perform checks whether release is ready for UAT
- Ensure regression, tests and integration tests are done
- Trains service desk
- Are responsible for 2nd level support of applications
- Know the applications within the business domain and are able to configure them (programming is outsourced)
- Answer functional questions from end users (2nd level)
- Manage day-to-day support issues. Work internally and externally to resolve them
- Document recurrent tasks to make sure that knowledge remains internally
- Participate in Domain Expert Circle that coordinates all domain expert activities (design, analysis, application, ...
- Report directly to the IT project manager and Software Operations manage
- You have a master degree in IT or equivalent by experience
- You have strong analytical skills with interest in processes and data
- You take full ownership of one or multiple domains in our application
- You are familiar with (automatic) testing and release management principle
- You have strong communication skills and are fluent in French, Dutch and English (written & oral)
- You have an authentic and developed personality
- You have an eye for detail
- You are a team player but can work autonomously
- You cherish fun as part of your work
- You are passionate about what you do
- You want to be an authority on the subject of concern
- You are customer friendly and immune to stress
- You have no problem with eventual but renumerated guard duties outside business hours
- You are reliable, organized, curious, rigorous and proactive
What we offer
You get the chance to grow and to launch your career in a booming company.
- You get attractive pay with fine fringe benefits.
- You will be joining a young and dynamic company. Things move forward rapidly, with all sorts of constant changes, opening up prospects for your career at all times.
- We give you thorough training from the outset together with all the coaching you need to get started, and subsequently every opportunity to develop your talents further.
- You may work independently and free of the boundaries of time – even from home or at a location that is better suited now and then.