You are one of the IT managers within the IT Management, responsible for the portfolio management (BUILD).
Master's or long-term degree
French, English, Dutch
Sectors: Transport and Storage - Materials
Functions: IT Project Management, Project Management, General/Other: IT/Software Development
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
Why are we looking for IT Cluster Manager – Project Portfolio & Governance ?
- You are one of the IT managers within the IT Management, responsible for the portfolio management (BUILD).
What you will have to do ?
- You contribute to the digital strategy and you identify the elements that impacts your cluster (processes and organisation) as a whole and in relation to other IT-clusters (eg DESIGN, RUN, INFRA) and translate these to concrete projects and implement these changes.
- You identify issues on which process decisions need to be taken, identifying and preparing these issues, including the organizational, process and ICT consequences and translating them into pragmatic but sound policies and procedures.
- You enforce the required policies, procedures and processes that ensure a predictable and stable behaviour of your application portfolio.
- You coach, asses and develop your team members on a continuous base and assure that they are on the required level to fullfill your cluster’s goals.
- You organize your cluster by forming a good collaborative complementary team with other players inside and outside IT such as the Infrastructure department and the business.
- You develop standard dashboards and reports in coordination with your internal clients and stakeholders to ensure a continous, consistent, structured and transparent communication on their projects.
- You report on your projectportfolio by monitoring progress, risks and quality of scope, budget and timings.
- You report the financials of the projects ensuring consistency with the finance departments.
- You create and maintain a network within the global organisation that allows you to build a funnel of projects and manage the current and future capacity of the ICT teams.
- You support your business stakeholders during the start-up of their projects with the drawing of their requirements, proces descriptions and business cases.
- You take responsibility for the quality of the agreed project and governance deliverables.
- You manage a team of ~5-10 IT project managers and 1 Project Administration Officer
- You serve on planning-, design-, policy-, descion making- and/or steering committees.
- You report to the Head Of Software Solutions
- What you must be able to do
- You have at least a master degree in IT or equivalent by experience
- You have a proven track record within the ICT domain related to system development, system operations and information management on operational, tactical level and strategic level.
- You are a liaison between ICT and its partners and clients (as well internal as external) and can act as a federator in the intrest of the company.
- You are fluent in French, Dutch and English (written & oral)
- You are capable of coaching and developing people around you
- You are comfortable with project management and presentation. You are used to lead meetings.
- You have the ability to build strong (internal) client relationships.
- You’re an authentic and developed personality
- You exhibit entrepreneurship and leadership
- You make your next steps where other would stop
- Your ambition is subordinate to your environment
- You cherish fun as part of your work.
- You are reliable, organized, curious, rigorous and proactive
- You are stress-resilient and pragmatic.
- You have an eye for detail.
- You see in each critic an opportunity to improve
- You have a good sense of humor
- You are not truely happy until everything's square
What we offer
- You get the chance to grow and to launch your career in a booming company.
- You get attractive pay with fine fringe benefits.
- You will be joining a young and dynamic company. Things move forward rapidly, with all sorts of constant changes, opening up prospects for your career at all times.
- We give you thorough training from the outset together with all the coaching you need to get started, and subsequently every opportunity to develop your talents further.
- You may work independently and free of the boundaries of time – even from home or at a location that is better suited now and then.