Your goal is to optimize existing processes and implement new operational processes related to maintenance activities & fleet services by using new technology (e.g. DamApp / eloc )while keeping a focus on both internal & external clients, minimal MTTR and the 'production as planned' approach.
Dutch, French, English
Sectors: Transport and Storage - Materials
Functions: Systems/Process Engineering, General/Other: Logistics/Transportation
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
Why are we looking for Services Optimization Engineer ?
• Optimize existing processes and implement new world class operational processes related to maintenance activities & fleet services by using new technology (e.g. DamApp / eloc ) as a lever to improve the efficiency, with respect to the operational maintenance framework, and a focus on both internal & external clients, minimal MTTR and a ‘production as planned’ approach.
• Define, optimize and control the policies and processes related to the day-to-day operational use of wagons and locomotives by the customer service and the planning team.
• Introduce a service level optimisation approach and continuously monitor the compliance with the voice of the (internal) customer.
• Build a structural collaboration & optimization platform with respect to operational maintenance & fleet services levels. Interact with various departments of Lineas and third parties to realise this objective.
• Support the launching and positioning of new operational fleet services and/or products and position this service in the market in support of the fleet managers
What you will have to do
• Stabilize processes related to operational maintenance & fleet services, with a focus on a reduced MTTE & MTTR and a ‘production as planned’ approach
• Develop & implement a high standard operational fleet management as a service framework.
• Make sure that operational maintenance & fleet services processes for both internal & external clients achieve optimal service levels and remain manageable.
• Focus on continuous improvement & standardization, therefore question existing processes/policies related to operational maintenance & fleet services, and use new technology (e.g. DamApp) as a lever to improve the efficiency & service levels
• Set-up & manage collaboration platforms, taking into account all relevant stakeholders, in order to manage structural operational maintenance & fleet services issues and focus on continuous improvement.
• Monitor client satisfaction with respect to fleet services levels and monitor the efficiency. In this role you act as the voice of the customer and challenges the services coordinators in improving planning & execution.
• Support the launching and positioning of new operational fleet services and/or products by developing operational implementation plans and process monitoring.
• Focus on the process optimization of the alignment of the day-to-day maintenance and customer planning, and actively look for synergies with other departments related to the management of the wagons and locomotives.
What you must be able to do
• Master degree in Engineering, Applied Economics a degree in Logitics is a plus
• Minimum 1 - 3 years of experience in an operational role and/or process optimization
• Communicate fluently in Dutch, French and English, German is a plus
• ‘Lean’ minded - focus on process efficiency
• Client-oriented, you always bear in mind the voice of the customer
• Strong affinity with IT tools, a first experience in bridging the gap between IT and operations is a plus.
What we offer
You get the chance to grow and to launch your career in a booming company.
- You get attractive pay with fine fringe benefits.
- You will be joining a young and dynamic company. Things move forward rapidly, with all sorts of constant changes, opening up prospects for your career at all times.
- We give you thorough training from the outset together with all the coaching you need to get started, and subsequently every opportunity to develop your talents further.
- You may work independently and free of the boundaries of time – even from home or at a location that is better suited now and then