Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the global technological infrastructure with the aim of ensuring continuity of business and implementing new projects.
French, Dutch, English
Sectors: Transport and Storage - Materials
Functions: Computer/Network Security
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
Why are we looking for ICT Infrastructure Manager ?
- Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the global technological infrastructure with the aim of ensuring continuity of business and implementing new projects.
What you will have to do
1. Develop and manage the infrastructure department
- Develop the vision and taking decisions concerning the introduction of new systems (technology watch) in line with the strategy in own unit but also the corporate strategy and the technological developments on the market.
- Take – and justify -- decisions about winding down certain systems.
- Ensure uniform functioning in the management of personnel, standards, documentation, communication, etc.
- Determine performance objectives to measure the functioning of the department.
- Provide tools to measure the performance objectives.
- Provide support to immediate subordinates in performing their tasks and help them pursue their careers (training, career management, etc.)
- Coordinate the activities of the employees.
- Motivate, guide, assess and help employees advance.
- In connection with SQE instructions: raise awareness, motivate, train, monitor, assess and help employees adjust.
2. Ensure the continuity of the technological infrastructure
- Keep watch over the performance of the technological infrastructure with a view to compliance with the agreed service levels.
- Ensure that the operational guidelines are properly defined.
- Ensure “safety” within the domain by drawing up disaster recovery plans, etc.
- Keep watch over the efficient use of the available means and resources.
- Coordinate with hardware and system software suppliers. Conclude contracts and manage external relations with these suppliers. Develop relations with new suppliers.
3. Coordinate with the Software Solutions department and Service desk
- Participate in monthly workshops to harmonise the needs of both departments.
4. Draw up and monitor a financial plan for the infrastructure department
- Consolidate the annual data with respect to the investment budget and operational budget in infrastructure.
- Consolidate the annual personnel budget for infrastructure.
- Monitor the budget used against the planned budget.
What you must be able to do
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in information science or equivalent through experience.
- IT infrastructure holds no secrets for you.
- You have experience in managing and motivating a team.
- You have at least some years of experience in similar positions.
- You are fluent in French, Dutch and English.
- You have knowledge of the relevant IT frameworks.
- You are capable of dealing with conflicting interests in a complex organisation.
- You have very good communication skills orally and in writing.
- You are decisive, i.e. you can take decisions, which is tantamount to taking actions at the right time.
- You are result-oriented; you set goals and translate them into concrete arrangements and results.
What we offer
You get the chance to grow and to launch your career in a booming company.
- You get attractive pay with fine fringe benefits.
- You will be joining a young and dynamic company. Things move forward rapidly, with all sorts of constant changes, opening up prospects for your career at all times.
- We give you thorough training from the outset together with all the coaching you need to get started, and subsequently every opportunity to develop your talents further.
- You may work independently and free of the boundaries of time – even from home or at a location that is better suited now and then