You will be responsible for performing detailed technical analysis including quantitative testing, investigation of modelling approaches and methodologies, and assessment of model risk.
Your function :
• You will be responsible for performing detailed technical analysis including quantitative testing, investigation of modelling approaches and methodologies, and assessment of model risk.
• You'll formulate clear, logical and succinct written reports to highlight core client capabilities, potential risk estimation vulnerabilities and development opportunities.
• You will also be expected to define work plans that respond to the client’s identified needs and anticipate potential issues, maintaining our high standards for quality, timely delivery and cost control.
• You'll also have the opportunity to coach and develop team members within our collegiate and collaborative environment.
• You'll maintain your regulatory knowledge to ensure an up-to-date understanding of relevant requirements and performing broader research, and you'll participate in knowledge development and thought leadership including writing white papers and blogs in conjunction with RD’s wider knowledge community.
• In this role you will have the opportunity of supporting business development initiatives including developing proposals, attending client meetings and supporting round table events and conferences and contributing to the constructive and collaborative working relationships across the Risk Team.
Your profile :
• Master's degree in Actuarial Sciences required; additional academic degree in quantitative area such as Applied Mathematics, Applied Statistics is an advantage.
• 6+ years of industry experience in risk management, quantitative modelling, and /or auditing in life insurance
• A combination of in-company and consulting experience would be ideal, though candidates with relevant experience in only consulting or insurance industry will also be considered
• 1 to 2 years capital modelling and/or model validation experience in life insurance
• Proven experience with Life insurance products, Solvency, Capital Modelling
• Demonstrate a deep understanding of actuarial techniques and risk measures for life insurance activities
• Knowledge of other risk types and or affinity with non-Life Insurance is an advantage
• Be familiar with the testing, development and/or validation processes for life insurance risk models
• Proficiency in quantitative software like R, MatLab, C++ or SAS is requested as well as proven experience in coding in one or more of these languages
• Have a conceptual mind-set and can analyze a client’s business context, risk management needs and risk projection capabilities
• Demonstrate strong communication and influencing skills with all levels of seniority
• Possess fluent oral and written English; fluency in additional languages is an asset.
Our client offers :
• A working environment with a good team spirit where personal development and growth are encouraged
• through on-the-job training as well as formal trainings;
• An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits;
• The opportunity to become part of a multidisciplinary, expert’s network;
• Flexibility and responsibility
• Variety in projects and clients.
|rue de la Régence, 43
1000 Bruxelles BE
1000 Bruxelles, Belgique
Bruxelles, BelgiqueView all 77 jobs