The Internal Communications Manager is a pivotal manager in the growth and transformation ambitions of Lineas, as he/she leads the development and implementation of the internal communication strategy of this dynamic game changer in the logistics sector. He/she develops, manages, drives and implements the internal communication strategy to inform and engage all internal stakeholders about Lineas’ purpose and ambitions and to drive the change in this international growth company. Working closely together with the change management director is essential to ensure internal communication is a key lever for successful transformation
Master's or long-term degree
English, Dutch, French
Sectors: Transport and Storage - Materials
Functions: General/Other: Marketing/Product
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
Why are we looking for Internal Communications Manager
The Internal Communications Manager is a pivotal manager in the growth and transformation ambitions of Lineas, as he/she leads the development and implementation of the internal communication strategy of this dynamic game changer in the logistics sector. It's the task of the Internal Communications Manager to maximize the communication effectiveness in our complex, international company with a wide variety of target audiences.
What you will have to do
Internal communication strategy development:
- You develop a compelling internal communication strategy with a clear communication calendar of messages, most effective channels, channelmix and devices to maximize communication effectiveness and balance investments vs benefits towards a diverse set of target audiences.
- You work closely together with the change management director and HR to ensure your internal communication plan fully supports the transformation challenges in the company, engaging all employees around the purpose and values of Lineas.
- You drive and implement the internal communication strategy.
- You develop and guard the internal communication policy of the company and define required communication processes with clear roles and responsibilities.
Strategic, tactical and operational messaging:
- You support the definition of the Lineas identity by continuously developing and updating the strategic storyline and core messages regarding Lineas’ purpose, ambitions, plans and way of working.
- You ‘translate’ these strategic messages into compelling messages for the different internal target groups and define the right way to reach the communication objectives of each target group.
- You facilitate and oversee all operational and tactical communication within the company and give guidance to ensure a maximum of consistency of messages, tone of voice and brand identity throughout the company.
- You write scripts and talking points for organization’s key leaders for all internal events and communication occasions.
Communication and presentation coaching:
- You provide communication and presentation coaching to internal colleagues to further develop the communication skills and effectiveness of all people managers within the company.
What you must be able to do
- Master degree (University) in communication, marketing, business management
- Minimum 10 years of communication experience
- Ability to think at the same time strategically and take into account operational reality
- Ability to think out of the box
- Strong affinity with all new media
- Strong communication channel mix, media mix (digital, social, physical) experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player, eager to work with, challenge and coach other people
- Flexible (hours & different workplaces within Belgium & occasionally abroad)
- Well organised and able to prioritise in a context of changing priorities
- Change management skills
- You communicate fluently in Dutch, French and English (German is a plus)
What we offer
- You get the chance to grow and to launch your career in a booming company.
- You get attractive pay with fine fringe benefits.
- You will be joining a young and dynamic company. Things move forward rapidly, with all sorts of constant changes, opening up prospects for your career at all times.
- We give you thorough training from the outset together with all the coaching you need to get started, and subsequently every opportunity to develop your talents further.
- You may work independently and free of the boundaries of time – even from home or at a location that is better suited now and then.