You make analysis to optimise the overall architecture of Lineas, and ensure that it is optimal across time
You realize quantitative productivity improvement objectives per operational hub/corridors
You support the preparation of the annual plan at the corridor level
Dutch, French, English
Sectors: Transport and Storage - Materials
Functions: Business Analysis/Research, General/Other: Logistics/Transportation
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
Why are we looking for a Business Analyst Network Optimisation?
- You make analysis to optimise the overall architecture of Lineas, and ensure that it is optimal across time
- You realize quantitative productivity improvement objectives per operational hub/corridors
- You support the preparation of the annual plan at the corridor level
What you will have to do
- You are responsible of setting up a clear and transparent dashboard to identify and measure the productivity sinks;
- You analyse the optimal production model for each corridor (position of the hubs, use of own resources versus subcontracting or partner …)
- You ensure that your analysis of the production model is dynamic and reflects traffic evolution;
- You analyse the productivity of separate corridors and to realise this, you collect the appropriate data across the company and ensure they are consistent;
- You propose improvement solutions for corridors /hubs which do not have a good profitability (solutions to be identified in cooperation with the commercial department);
- You challenge positively and constructively all the ops departments within Lineas, analytical and soft skills will be key to succeed your mission;
- You will potentially prepare decision support tools to facilitate the operational day to day decisions / operations (which locomotive type to assign to the locomotive line / how to aggregate the locomotive line with different products)
- You are responsible for defining and leading productivity improvement initiatives
What you must be able to do
- Bachelor in transport & logistics or relevant experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of project management and operational tools
- Communicate fluently in Dutch, French and English, German is a plus
- Strong Excel skills / Programming in SQL is a plus
- Know how to simplify complexity and extract the main information from the highly complex IT infrastructure
- Able to make reasonable hypothesis or educated guesses if data are not directly available
- Able to explain in 30 seconds What and Why you are doing an analysis
- Eager to develop yourself and progress within Lineas
- Pro-active, stress-resilient, pragmatic, result-oriented
- Well organised and able to prioritise in a context of changing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player and like to work with other people
What we offer
You get the chance to grow and to launch your career in a booming company.
- You get attractive pay with fine fringe benefits.
- You will be joining a young and dynamic company. Things move forward rapidly, with all sorts of constant changes, opening up prospects for your career at all times.
- We give you thorough training from the outset together with all the coaching you need to get started, and subsequently every opportunity to develop your talents further.
- You may work independently and free of the boundaries of time – even from home or at a location that is better suited now and then.