You will partner with product managers, software development teams and other stakeholders to elevate the user experience of a mature desktop application and to bring innovation into our web-based products and services.
Your function :
• User Advocate
• Develop and validate an understanding of the different user segments, their needs and workflows.
• Establish and lead the process of qualitative and quantitative research to identify opportunities and validate ease-of-use and ease-of-learning.
• Work with product management to identify and prioritize product features that will provide benefits to the users on the short-term.
• Contribute to the product and technology roadmap.
• Product Design
• Design and evaluate alternative solutions for the business requirements on the product roadmap.
• Visualize and prototype intended solutions at various levels of fidelity. Meet and collaborate with users, subject matter experts and software engineers to validate designs and make iterative improvements.
• Compose documentation using text, diagrams, illustrations, and/or prototypes to support the implementation of design proposals. Documentation can range from high-level wireframes or mock-ups with call-outs to conceptual presentations to highly technical documents and diagrams.
• Promote and support the principles of user-centered design and strive toward cohesive solutions across functional areas.
• Deliver design specifications for use by a wide range of audiences including Software Development, Quality Assurance/Test Development, test plans and documentation to ensure accuracy of desired application results.
• Assist software engineers during the development of the design specification, test and validate development conform the design intent.
• Work in project teams with subject matters experts, software engineers and testers to deliver shippable product features and improvements respecting scope, budget and milestones.
• Innovation and continuous improvements
• Approach the design process as a continuous improvement process in which you adopt a structured approach to hypothesize-build-measure-improve.
• Participate in R&D projects to bring innovation into our product and service offering, technologies used and the way we enrich user experience.
• Actively identify opportunities, lead and/or participate in improvement initiatives in product design and development.
Your profile :
• Up-to-date expertise in user-centered experience design and trends
• Familiar with storyboarding, task analysis, competitive analysis, card sorting, and other user research tasks to capture and develop user requirements
• Story mapping, personas & user stories
• Design patterns
• Data modelling (& archetypes)
• Designing within an agile development process
• Creative thinking and problem solving
• Great visual, verbal and written communication skills
• Team player
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Bachelor's Degree in a Human Computer Interaction, Computer Graphics and Interaction, Interaction Design or related field.
• At least two years of relevant experience for desktop and web applications
Our client offers :
• A working environment with a good team spirit where personal development and growth are encouraged
• An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits;
• The opportunity to become part of a multidisciplinary, expert’s network;
• Flexibility and responsibility
• Variety in projects and clients.
|rue de la Régence, 43
1000 Bruxelles BE
1000 Bruxelles, Belgique
Bruxelles, BelgiqueView all 93 jobs