As Data Scientist, your main mission will be to provide your technical expertise both to shape the data strategy of the company and to provide solutions to business challenges.
Your function :
• Work closely with business experts to understand the operational needs (actuarial, marketing, operations,…) and collaborate with them to identify the relevant data (both internal and external)
• Help identify issues and opportunities for collecting data and work closely with other members of the team to define data collection & organization approach
• Apply Data Science tools to solve business challenges (incl. machine learning)
• Develop algorithms and procedures for which you will measure the relevance, performance and robustness over time.
• Works in iterative processes with the business and validates findings.
• Manage and transmit knowledge through appropriate documentation and visualization tools
• Work with other departments to ensure operational use of results and measure impact on key business indicators.
• Help promote a data& analytics driven culture in the company.
Your profile :
• Passionate about data and statistical analysis
• Master (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, …)
• Ideally fluency in Dutch, French and English
• At least 2 years relevant experience
• Ability to translate the reality of business into models and to understand their implications and limitations
• Experience with advanced statistical modelling
• Very good programming skills (R, SAS, Python)
• Strong experience in data processing (e.g. data mining, social network analysis, text mining…)
• Practice with database access (SQL)
• Knowledge of data transformation and data preparation techniques
• Awareness on Data Management practices as described for instance in the Data Management Body of Knowledge (Data Lifecycle Management, Data Privacy & Security constraints,…)
• Intellectual curiosity / Continuous learner/Problem solver
• Results focused
• Customer oriented
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, on complex projects that involve many different stakeholders
Our client offers :
• A varied full-time position in a dynamic and international insurance company ;
• An attractive remuneration package, including benefits ;
• Flexibility and responsabilities ;
• A permanent contract.
|rue de la Régence, 43
1000 Bruxelles BE
Bruxelles, BelgiqueView all 84 jobs