Drawing up the logistics planning of goods trains in cooperation with infrastructure managers and other railway companies
Dutch, French, German, English
Sectors: Transport and Storage - Materials
Functions: Production/Operations Planning
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
What does that really mean?
- Drawing up the logistics planning of goods trains in cooperation with infrastructure managers and other railway companies
- Ordering (or cancelling) means and resources needed for a train to run (locomotive, driver, station staff, etc) in consultation with the (internal) customer, taking due account of the deadlines in force
- Daily monitoring of the logistics planning
- Informing the services and customers involved about changes in the planning
- Representing the department internally and externally
- Cooperating closely with stations, sales and marketing departments and customer service, and taking an active part in optimization projects
- Giving feedback to team members and the person in charge for involving the team in the activities
- Anticipating possible quality risks, such as incidents and accidents
- You have preferably a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent through experience)
- You are Dutch- or French-speaking, with a good knowledge of the second national language.
- You speak fluent English; a knowledge of German would be a plus
- A sense of initiative and working proactively are among your main assets
- You are well organized and known how to deal with every situation
- Your situational and analytical judgement are well developed
- You like to communicate and do so easily and always find common ground with the other parties involved
- You always work very meticulously and conscientiously
- You anticipate the customer’s questions and take the right decisions/set the right priorities in that respect. You have absolutely no qualms about working under pressure.
- You always proceed cost-consciously and have a great sense of safety and responsibility.
What we have to offer
- You get an attractive salary with nice fringe benefits.
- We provide thorough in-house training from the outset and all the coaching you need to become a fully-fledged sales manager. You are also given every opportunity to develop your talents further.
- You can work autonomously and independently of time – even from home or on location, now and then, when it is more convenient to do so.
- You will be joining a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and everything is always changing, thereby opening up prospects for your career.