The actuarial department is looking to fill the position of an Actuarial IT Specialist. The position will be based within the actuarial department reporting to the Team Leader Operational and Technical Support.
Key responsibilities :
• Assess and help improve the current Data Warehousing infrastructure and consequent reporting. The position will take a fundamental role in the department’s data governance and data quality control working streams and be part of the technical interface to the IT department. The position will further deal with existing data storage and processing modules and together with the team leader improve existing modules, achieve a higher level of data integration and carry out the necessary programming and coding to reach highly efficient processing and storing of actuarial data in the data repository system.
• Analysis of system output related to product specifics and actuarial KPI’s.
• Analysis of current system landscape; initiate, drive and help carry out necessary enhancements.
• Analyse data models used in the data repository system and drive improvements and potential efficiency gains.
• Implement data quality controls and calculation checks on existing calculation outputs
• Create and maintain detailed documentation of internal processes related to data quality and IT systems in use at the department.
• Use newly developed programs to support actuarial analysis and reporting
• The final key responsibility will be taking part in experience analysis studies and related actuarial matters such as disability loss modeling, claims reserving and reporting and derivation of experience tables.
Your profile :
• Graduate of Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science or any other quantitative field such as finance or business.
• Knowledge in SAS programming or similar programming environments on an advanced level is therefore a prerequisite. Candidates having sound experience in platforms such as JAVA, C++, Delphi, MS-SQL or similar are also welcome
• Minimum 5 years working experience in a comparable environment
• Advanced programming and data modeling skills, acquired through previous participation in relevant projects or previous work positions
• Strong analytical skills and adept in analyzing complex data processing environments and programming systems.
• Actuarial background with a good understanding of Reporting processes and interfaces to controlling and accounting departments
• Data analytics and statistical tools and methodologies
• Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
• Good command in English, a basic level of Dutch or French would be considered an asset
Our client offers :
• A competitive wage, meal vouchers, group insurance, hospitalization insurance and an inability to work insurance are part of the wage package.
• You can count on various training opportunities, additional vacation and flexible hours.
• Our client is located in the heart of Brussels and is easily accessible by public transport.
Tags : Actuaris, actuary, assurance, verzekering, verzekeringen, insurance, actuarial sciences, sciences actuarielles, actuariële wetenschappenn mathématiques, maths, mathematics, wiskunde, statistiques, stat, stats, statistics, sciences, science, wettenschappen, python, C++, latex, programme, programmation, IT, Prophet, Stata, SAS, Life, Non-Life, Machine learning, ALM, IFRS, finance, risk, risk management, Solvency II, Modelling, Modeling, Modélisation,Product, Produits, product manager, Master, Doctorat, PhD
|rue de la Régence, 43
1000 Bruxelles BE
Bruxelles, BelgiqueView all 73 jobs