As Junior Controller, you support the business controllers in their daily activities.
Master's or long-term degree
English, French, Dutch
Functions: Financial Analysis/Research/Reporting
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
Your key responsibilities:
- You provide support in the monthly reporting of results, KPI’s and insights;
- You are responsible for the planning and the on-time delivery of reports depending on the timeline and specifications of each stakeholder;
- In the spirit of continuous improvement, you pro-actively take initiative to improve the controlling and reporting process;
- You are an expert user of the reporting tool; you provide training to other users and assess and implement alternatives on a regular basis;
- You are the ‘bridge’ between financial controlling, business controlling and other stakeholders and are responsible for the distribution and alignment of the financial information between them;
- You support the business controllers in their daily activities;
- You provide ad hoc business analyses, you challenge business cases and suggest alternatives;
- You participate in the budgeting and forecasting exercise and provide variance analyses;
- You provide a clear understanding of the current business priorities and critical issues.
- You have a master degree in Economics/Finance or equivalent;
- You have a maximum of 2-3 years of experience in a similar role;
- You have excellent written and spoken knowledge of English and are fluent in Dutch/French;
- You are a self-starter with analytical, time management and problem-solving skills and with a focus on getting the things done;
- You are assertive and proactive;
- You are a team player with the capability to work independently when needed;
- You are an expert in Excel with excellent knowledge of formulas, charts and pivot tables;
- You are stress resistant, well organised and accurate;
- Proficiency with financial software packages, including Microsoft Dynamics NAV and BI systems is a plus.
What we offer:
You get the chance to grow and to launch your career in a booming company.
- You get attractive pay with fine fringe benefits.
- You will be joining a young and dynamic company. Things move forward rapidly, with all sorts of constant changes, opening up prospects for your career at all times.
- We give you thorough training from the outset together with all the coaching you need to get started, and subsequently every opportunity to develop your talents further.
- You may work independently and free of the boundaries of time – even from home or at a location that is better suited now and then.