We are on boarding a qualified football expert, with excellent Japanese and English language skills, to provide assessment, educational and consulting services with regard to optimise the talent development system in 20 Japanese professional clubs.
Sectors: Sports and Physical Recreation
Contract Type: Freelance
Bringing Inspiration, Innovation and Connection about Talent Development Systems in Football clubs, leagues and federations;
Delivering on a global scale, i.e. worldwide our consulting, education and assessment services based on a unique methodology and with tailor-made solutions.
- Passion for Talent Development
- Go-for-it mentality, positive thinking, pro-active acting and intrapreneurship
- Thinking positively and act
You are responsible to carry out assessment, educational and consulting services in Academies at professional Clubs in Japan.
- To perform a pre-assessment analysis and evaluation of an Academy.
- To carry out an onsite verification of information provided by a Club, including the interview of different stakeholders (the board, senior management, coaching staff and players) and a practical assessment of facilities.
- To make an evaluation of training sessions and matches at the Academy.
- To write a complete assessment report.
- To give feedback on the report with the Academy and other representatives of the club during post assessment sessions
- To be responsible for planning and organisation matters regarding the assessments, be first support line for the J-league with regard to the practical approach of the project.
- Support of key speakers with translation of the content (handovers) and translation during the courses of the Master Class Academy Management.
- Facilitating working sessions and team discussions.
- Support of the lead consultant in making a tangible description of an action plan, steps to take as preparation on the consulting services.
- Support the lead consultant i.e. by translation, facilitation of working sessions and setup of team discussions with the Academies technical staff in order to develop managerial and football related skills.
- Holder of a football coaching license UEFA B, UEFA A or UEFA Pro and/or JFA A, JFA S
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in sports management, sports science, business management or related field. International experience is preferable (university, internship, work, international playing / coaching experience, long-term language course, volunteering, etc.).
- Proven tracks in academy management / talent development or football coaching in a Japanese elite football environment.
- Understanding of Japanese academy operations and management.
- Exceptional communication skills i.e. mobilising energy, facilitating, presenting…
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work in an autonomous environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Japanese and English.
- Flexible work schedule with non-traditional hours (including evenings and weekends).
- Willingness to travel.
- The position is to start in January 2018.
- The type of contract is freelance / self-employed related to the project duration (we start with an agreement for 1 year)
- The on boarding assessment is composed out of a Skype call and a role assessment.