We are looking for a Asset claims & Contracts responsible that is structured and able to coach a team.
Do you usually negotiate and make contracts? Apply now for Asset Claims & Contracts Responsible
Dutch, French, English
Sectors: Transport and Storage - Materials
Functions: Claims Review and Adjusting
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
Why are we looking for an Asset Claims & Contracts Responsible
- To structure the management framework related to assets (locomotives and wagons) in the area of legal compliance, contracts and claims.
- To draw up contracts based on commercially agreed terms and conditions and to follow up the correct execution of contracts in accordance with internal guidelines related to assets (e.g. delegation of powers, model contracts and the signing process). This also encompasses the standardisation, automation and centralisation of all processes related to contracts and related communication.
- To coach a team of claims coordinators. This includes streamlining the administrative process of claims for locomotives and wagons, mainly for the optimisation of the treatment of incoming and outgoing claims, as well as accurate reporting, continuous improvement of processes and procedures, and the development of a structured platform for communication related to claims with all concerned Asset Managers and the Claims & Insurance department. The final objective is to maximise the financial recuperation of claims
- To become the internal SPOC for asset-related contracts, legal matters and claims, as well as becoming a liaison with the Lineas Legal Department for judicial & insurance questions and disputes related to the execution of contracts.
What does that mean precisely in reality?
- Support the Asset Managers when designing (standard) contracts for daily activities related to locomotives and wagons, such as renting, leasing, selling, purchasing, scrapping, maintaining, workshops, ECM, OSR and optional performances.
- Monitor the signing process of contracts in accordance with the delegation of powers. This encompasses the registration of contracts in the database as well as all contract-related communication in the Asset Organisation.
- Monitor the correct execution of contracts. This implies regular contact with Asset Managers who concluded the contract and informing them about the follow-up of payments, legal requirements, due date, etc. during the contract's life cycle.
- Standardise contracts and legal communication such as the notice of default. This includes making agreements with Asset Managers to improve (the use of) contractual documents, to start adapting model contracts and to create new model contracts.
- Automate contract-related processes whenever possible. This includes digitising data management, registering standard documents in an open database and making contracts available in an IT system.
- Monitor disputes related to contracts, such as late delivery, late payments, uncorrected execution of contractual obligations by Lineas or another party, in close collaboration with the Fleet Manager and the Legal department, which will be responsible for complex legal dossiers and disputes.
- Offer support to ‘corporate housekeeping’ of the legal entities TRW, Rail Asset Services and Sea Rail.
- Contribute to the company's legal knowledge and offer support to intern legal training sessions (members of the Asset team).
- Organise and manage a team of claims coordinators who are responsible for dealing with incoming and outgoing claims, including optional performances, for locomotives and wagons.
- Organise and streamline the management process of claims. This includes the registration of all dossiers in the claims IT tool, a claims calculation tool, etc. with the assistance of the IT Project Manager.
- Organise meeting on a regular basis and participate in them with the Claims & Insurance department and the concerned Fleet Managers. Participate in developing the monthly financial provisions.
- Offer support when developing a model for reporting claims & follow up the KPIs of claims together with the Claims & Insurance department and with external partners such as the Finance department, which is responsible for following up invoices. The aim is to have a complete overview of all claims and to define a strategy to solve recurring problems and damage linked to our assets.
- Make analyses, in collaboration with Legal, the Fleet Manager, the Commercial department (KAM) and Operations, and launch/implement initiatives to maximise the financial recuperation of claims / to minimise financial losses from damage to Lineas' own assets during transportation. Start and implement preventive campaigns to avoid extra costs due to claims related to damaged third party assets that are under the supervision of Lineas.
Are you right for this job?
- You have a Master's degree in Law and/or Economic and/or Engineering Sciences; or the equivalent through experience
- You have a few years of experience in a similar position
- You have experience in reporting
- You have experience with contract relationships and contract administration
- You have experience in leading negotiations
- You can concentrate on efficient processes
- Technical knowledge of wagons and/or locomotives is an asset
- You speak Dutch, French and English fluently
What we offer
You get the chance to grow and to launch your career in a booming company.
- You get attractive pay with fine fringe benefits.
- You will be joining a young and dynamic company. Things move forward rapidly, with all sorts of constant changes, opening up prospects for your career at all times.
- We give you thorough training from the outset together with all the coaching you need to get started, and subsequently every opportunity to develop your talents further.
- You may work independently and free of the boundaries of time – even from home or at a location that is better suited now and then.