Are you passionate about continuous improvement projects and do you like working in a challenging and innovative environment?
Dutch, French, English
Sectors: Transport and Storage - Materials
Functions: Programme Management, Project Management
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
Why are we looking for Program Manager Operations ?
As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for a whole series of programs and projects, and you will be coaching team members as part of project management.
What you will have to do
As Program Manager, you would manage a variety of programmes and projects:
- Define a clear problem statement and solution together with the various project teams belonging to this programme;
- Examine which technological solutions can help us with that problem statement;
- Describe what the value of the data generated is, and how it can be used;
- Drawing up a step-by-step plan for the development to achieve an MVP quickly and record quick-wins;
- Define an implementation plan based on input from local & process experts;
- Adjust scope based on feedback from previous versions of the product and stop development if necessary ('fail-fast principle');
- Coordinate internal & external communication about the project/product with the aim of guaranteeing internal buy-in or possibly launching products on the market;
- Work closely with the technology supplier (IT for IT solutions or other firms) for the definition of the short and long term solution and its elaboration;
- Setting up of missing projects within the programme;
- Project management & business analysis of sub-projects.
What you must be able to do
- Minimum 5 years' relevant work experience.
- Clear experience in performance management, continuous improvement, change management and widely-used management techniques (lean management, visual management, 5s, PDCA, …), process mapping and reengineering.
- Strategic thinking without losing sight of the operational reality.
- Thinking outside the box, team player, proactive, able to withstand stress, pragmatic, result-oriented, flexible and an initiator.
- Organisational skills and ability to set priorities.
- You have knowledge of Dutch, French and English
What we offer
- You get the chance to grow and to launch your career in a booming company.
- You get attractive pay with fine fringe benefits.
- You will be joining a young and dynamic company. Things move forward rapidly, with all sorts of constant changes, opening up prospects for your career at all times.
- We give you thorough training from the outset together with all the coaching you need to get started, and subsequently every opportunity to develop your talents further.
- You may work independently and free of the boundaries of time – even from home or at a location that is better suited now and then.
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, race, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, ...