You will assist the Asset Performance Manager to create a collaboration internal Asset management, but also with the other departments of the company (Sales, Finance, ...).
Dutch, French, English
Sectors: Transport and Storage - Materials
Functions: IT Project Management
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient. Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail. We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail. We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
- Assist the Asset Performance Manager to create a transversal cooperation internal to Asset Management, but also with the other departments of the company (Sales, Finance, etc.)
- PMO role where you work together actively in projects set up by Asset Managers
- Project Manager for improvement projects: elaboration and implementation on the basis of advance studies and business cases elaborated by yourself
- Conceptual elaboration of reporting strategy within the company, and more specifically within the asset organisation
- Drafting of strategic memoranda / studies / findings tailored to Lineas
- Preparation of the monthly reports for the management
What does that mean exactly, in reality?
Facilitating transversal collaboration
- Creating buy-in within the company of the transversal management of the assets
- Ad hoc assistance of the Asset Performance Manager and/or other Asset Management positions
Project Management – PMO role
- The projects are set up from the Asset organisation and their objective is to increase the performance of the assets in the most cost-efficient way with a long-term vision
- Definition of criteria for the assessment and start-up of the project, resources allocation and ex-post analysis: help Asset Managers with the preparation of business cases and evaluation of projects on the basis of ROCE, NPV, pay-back and ROI
- Project governance: definition and implementation;
- Setting up of a project management reporting in collaboration with the responsible Asset Managers
- Presentation of the projects at the APR meetings on the basis of a uniform project template
- Projects with cross-departmental impact: start-up, elaboration, monitoring and reporting
Reporting asset management
- Define reporting strategy: development of concepts, definition of dimension, details, communication channels and addressees
- Define a standardised reporting that covers the needs of the management and which are the KPI´s that best reflect the performance
- Further conceptual elaboration of the dashboard and the reporting tool together with the business and with IT
- Drafting of strategic memoranda / studies / findings
- You earned a Master´s degree or equivalent through experience.
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position
- You already have a first experience with project management and are interested in getting to know the logistics sector.
- You have a basic understanding of financial & operational reporting: dashboard, KPI´s, etc.
- You can communicate fluently in Dutch, French and English.
- On top of that, you are precise, you can work independently and you are structured.
- You are IT-minded
What we have to offer
• You will get an attractive salary with nice fringe benefits.
• We will provide thorough in-house training and all the coaching you need to get started, plus every opportunity subsequently to develop your talents further.
• You can work autonomously, without time constraints, even from home or on location now and then when it is more convenient to do so.
• You will be joining a young and energetic company, where things are moving fast and are always changing, with constant career prospects for you.