Given our ambition to be an outlier in the sector expanding its European network, there is an increasing need to challenge, coordinate, align and prioritize all commercial actions and related communication and strategic marketing initiatives.
Dutch, English, French, German
Sectors: Transport and Storage - Materials
Functions: Train or Rail Operator, Shipping and Receiving/Warehousing, Marketing Communications
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail. We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
What does it mean?
As a Strategic Marketeer, you are a pivotal colleague to support the growth of our business, within the team « Commercial Strategy & Marketing ». You gather the needs and the support the different commercial teams require to reach their sales objective per market segment, per geography. You make the difference in challenging, formalizing and synthesising the requests in a sound strategic marketing plan. You coordinate an impactful implementation of the plan together with sales teams in Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, France and beyond, and with strategy team, line management and communication
Gather the needs of the sales teams and line managers; develop the relevant transversal analysis necessary to understand current situation and performance
- You consolidate and gather the needs of the sales teams based on target group segmentation and budget challenges
- You also integrate the insights from the Market Research, including competitors benchmark from whole logistical sector
- You challenge the requests and give advice on marketing mix, for maximum impact
- You analyse current marketing performance and assess gap analysis vs. Lineas end-vision developed in the strategy
Consolidate all requests in line with Lineas strategic guidelines in a strategic marketing plan with clear objectives, for each levers of this plan
- You give input to Lineas strategy thanks to the bottom-up input you have gathered.·
- You build an overall annual plan covering all markets and geographies based on the requests and your own recommendations
- You ensure the specific marketing initiatives within the plan are aligned with the commercial strategy (pricing, channels) and all the other Lineas strategic initiatives including brand and public relations
- You are in charge of the systematic ROI computation of each of the marketing initiatives, ROI that can be integrated as an insight for next strategic marketing plan
Follow-up and coordination of an impactful implementation of the strategic marketing plan
- You work together with the Commercial Strategy analyst to ensure that Commercial team has relevant support in the implementation of the plan. You follow-up the results and help teams to take corrective actions if necessary, within the bodies governance of the commercial team (Sell & Fill Mission Team)
- You work closely with the communication team who will implement the initiatives (creation and production): for instance, follow-up of the commercial teams for the preparation and coordination of the sales-related events e.g. client events and fairs
- You are responsible to ensure continuous update of all commercial content on the different communication carriers: for instance, brochures and website commercial content
- Based on your products and market expertise, you coordinate and complete occasional subsidy requests, in support of the commercial teams and the Public Relations team
- Master's Degree in Marketing or Business School Degree
- At least 2 years’ experience in strategy consulting or top-tier management consulting
- At least 2 years work or assignment experience in marketing
- Logistical sector is a major plus
- In-depth knowledge of marketing and communication technologies, within an industrial environment
- Experience in international coordination and/or project management skills
- Very good knowledge of French or Dutch, of English. German is a plus
- Growth mentality: Passionate about growth, capable of dealing with a lot of ambiguity and energized by a high level of continuous change in an international environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a high drive to constantly improve current approaches and eager to experiment with new practices, media and approaches. A strong “thinker” combined with a result-driven “just do it” mentality.
- Strong interpersonal skills able to adapt style to different work cultures in the different Lineas countries
What we offer
- You get the chance to grow and to launch your career in a booming company
- You get attractive pay with fine fringe benefits
- You will be joining a young and dynamic company. Things move forward rapidly, with all sorts of constant changes, opening up prospects for your career at all times
- We give you thorough training from the outset together with all the coaching you need to get started, and subsequently every opportunity to develop your talents further
- You may work independently and free of the boundaries of time – even from home or at a location that is better suited now and then.