To be responsible for business development & growth in sales and profitability
English, German, Dutch, French
Transport and Storage - Materials
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient. Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail. We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail. We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
Why are we looking for a Key Account Manager?
- To be responsible for business development & growth in sales and profitability
- To contribute to the modal shift
What does that mean exactly, in reality?
Commercial action plan
- You will assist in writing and implementing a sales action plan with the target of trying to multiply sales to existing customers and bringing in new customers
Growing existing customer base: business reviews
- Calling (monthly/quarterly) meetings with customers
- Monitoring ongoing business (turnover, commitments, general cooperation)
- Calculating and generating complex customer price quotes
- Collecting regional customer info (from local sales staff): defining customer requirements & adjusting capacity
- (Re-)negotiating contracts with customers (including rates of charge, volumes, obligations, etc.).
- Identifying further developments and convert them into sales activities (Business development).
- In liaison with the line manager, converting operational pinch points into sales initiatives.
Actively seeking new potential customers
- Producing feasibility studies based on LIM network and exploring possibilities for cooperation with external partners (e.g. for road transport, parking, container hire, ...).
- Responding to customer requests with detailed information
- Negotiating about and entering into customer contracts, passing on all details to the Back Office for registration
- Communicating about results with customers (price quote, contract or rejection)
Are you suitable for this job?
- You hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience in the logistics sector. Experience in B2B environment would be a plus
- Minimum 5 years in managing a customer portfolio
- Good knowledge of negotiating skills (solving conflicts, ability to demonstrate empathy and withstand stress, etc.)
- You are trilingual FR-NL-EN with a good knowledge of German
- You are thoroughly familiar with MS-Office
What do we offer?
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive benefits.
- We will give you thorough in-house training when you begin, and all the coaching you need to start working. You will continue to be offered every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You will be able to work autonomously and free of time constraints – even occasionally from home or on-site if that works out better.
- You will be working at a young and dynamic company. Things progress quickly here, so there is always a great deal of change. This will open up permanent prospects for your career.
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, race, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, ...