You design software solutions which can be succesfully implemented within the company. How? By building bridges between business and IT: being able to talk to business people, analyze, model, structure and elaborate their processes, problems and needs, and then communicate them intelligently to IT people.
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient. Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail. We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail. We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
Working on projects within strategic programs
• Translate a (complex) business problem into solution building blocks.
• Assist other project stakeholders in capturing functional and non-functional requirements that significantly impact the system.
• Clearly understand and document the boundaries (scope) of the system and the architecturally significant concerns (driving requirements).
• Define and document the architecture by describing the architectural decisions and possibilities and views that have been developed to address the concerns of the stakeholders.
• Ensure that applicable principles, policies, standards and guidelines are being applied.
• Define and apply non-functional requirements as cross-cutting concerns on the solution architecture views.
• Check (using appropriate validation techniques) whether you made the right architectural decisions and tradeoffs between the competing needs. Reduce architecture-related risks and obtain formal approval of the architecture.
• Provide guidance to the project during the implementation of the architecture. Respond to the need for changes to the architecture.
• Communicate the solution architecture to business and IT stakeholders.
contributing to the IT architectural principles and defining the IT architectural guidelines
• Within an assigned area of IT Architecure, you facilitate discussions with key experts in and outside the ICT-organisation about how the architectural principles need to be translated into practise. Your consolidate the outcome of these discussion into architectural guidelines.
• You assure that the architectural principles and guidelines are consistent and you will set up the necessary discussion with key experts in order to realign them or even recalibrate with new aspects of reality.
connecting beyond Lineas walls
• Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways to gain competitive advantage so you can take this into account when contributing to the architectural principles
Delivering expertise and advice
• You advice on the implementation of strategic and/or complex projects and programs within the context of organizational-, architectural-, process- and/or ICT changes.
• You serve on planning-, design-, policy-, descion making- and steering committees.
• Assist development and operational teams in solving problems in the technologies
Profile and skills
• You have at least a master degree in Information Management or equivalent by experience
• Minimum experience in the role of a solution architect and a proven track record of at least 3 years in IT within a large organization.
• Experience within proceses of logistics service provider is a major plus
• You have preferably a technical background in programming
• You have a proven track record within the ICT domain related to software development, system integration, (enterprise) architecture,
• You have an up to date knowledge of modern architectural principles.
• Theoretical knowledge of domain driven design principles is a plus, preferably hands on experience with DDD techniques
• Proven (senior level) technology skills
• Experienced in modelling techniques (story mapping, event storming, …)
• Able/willing to work with different project methodologies
• Bitten by technology, and passionate to keep up-to-date with evolving technologies
• You are fluent in Dutch, French and English (written & oral)
• Proven communication skills in both technical and business language;
• Customer-focused in every aspect of the job;
• Strong in collaborating with application development (onshore and nearshore)-, production- and business- people
• You are able to build a consensus within the teams
• Highly motivated to work in a challenging and changing environment;
• Willing to continue to learn and pickup new information quickly;
• Creative and analytical;
• Able to think process minded;
• Able to work independently and collaboratively
• Excellent problem solving skills
What we have to offer
• You will get an attractive salary with nice fringe benefits.
• We will provide thorough in-house training and all the coaching you need to get started, plus every opportunity subsequently to develop your talents further.
• You can work autonomously, without time constraints, even from home or on location now and then when it is more convenient to do so.
• You will be joining a young and energetic company, where things are moving fast and are always changing, with constant career prospects for you.
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, race, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, ...
|Koning Albert II-laan 37
1030 Bruxelles BE
Koning Albert II Laan, Brussel, België
Ghent, BelgiumView all 61 jobs